I've only been at this quilting thing since February. But I am hooked. HOW CAN THIS BE? Let me count the ways...
1. I have been sewing since I was a very young girl.
Senior Prom Dress...love the high neckline!
In my early days my sewing was primarily clothing (amazing and sad what one can do with polyester knits!) and then moved into the home dec area. I had hit a long dry spell without much sewing (actually looked forward to opportunities to hem pants!)...it was time to find an outlet!
2. I LOVE just about everything I see in the so-called modern quilting world!
3. These quilts: made by my mother in law.
When I saw the reactions from my sons when these lovely quilts reappeared and heard their fond memories of sleep overs with their grandparents, I knew that a few pieces of fabric lovingly assembled had the potential of creating great emotion and happy memories. I wanted in that game.
4. Really, are all quilters so nice???
5. I love the process of converting flat (albeit lovely) pieces of fabric into something multi-dimensional.
And so on and so on. Maybe the quilting honeymoon will end and I will get irritated with the growing volume of UFO's but I doubt it! What drives you to quilt?
PS Quilting entered my life at the perfect time. I was looking for the next learning experience and there it was. KAZAM! Oh yeah.