Friday, October 12, 2012

Thinking backwards today

First, one table runner finished...two to go!  I have to say I am one of those folks that enjoys to hand sew the binding on. 


Today I am working on paper piecing.  The thread puller-outer has been busy.  Is it just me or does this seem like thinking backwards to anyone else?  I love the clean lines resulting, but getting the angle of the fabric correct so that when you flip it to the good side it covers the space has been a challenge solved only by using a super large scrap.  Like so many other things in this new quilting adventure...practice, practice, practice.

So excited to be linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts today!  Another major milestone in my quilting blog!

PS  I am thankful to be getting all this practice pulling out stitches...I have a feeling this skill is going to come in handy!

2 comments:

  1. I love hand tacking binding too! It seems like a weird thing to like, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I can't comment on paper piecing, because I've never tried it. It's on my already miles long to do list of new skills to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner is just lovely.

    I'm still an amateur paper piecer, so no advice except keep at it and keep the seam ripper handy!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...