- I have been sewing since I was a teenager (many, many years ago). For a very long time, the only sewing I did was home dec projects (pillows and window treatments), mending and, less frequently, some clothes. But I missed it.
- Then, one uncooperative winter here in New England, while looking for something to do I happened into a quilt store....say no more, you know what happened next.
- I now have developed a full blown fabric and quilting addiction. Honest. Just ask my family.
- I retired early from a career in corporate finance. Hard work, good luck and an amazingly supportive spouse (SAHD by the way!) allowed me to say goodbye to the desk job and move onto the next stage of adventures.
- And those adventures have been amazing indeed. Given all those years and long hours inside working, I try to take advantage of every chance to go outside and play. Kayaking, hiking, biking, gardening are all good with me. Now cooking, that's another story. Still trying to figure that out!
- We love to travel. We are working on visiting all 50 states (13 more to go!) and quilt stores throughout the world. Really.
- We are so fortunate to live on a lake in New Hampshire. With the exception of a few grey weeks in November and mud season in the Spring, it is the perfect place for us.
- Now...getting to the really important stuff...I have three wonderful sons, one amazing daughter in law, two perfect grandsons! I am very blessed indeed.
- And of course all of this would not be possible without the #1 guy in my life who I met at age 17. We've been married 43 years and are still creating new adventures every day.
Who's in That Kayak?
More fun facts about me....(and not necessarily in the order of importance!):
Stay tuned...more adventures to come from both behind and beyond my sewing machine!