Monday, October 8, 2012

My first post!

After countless threats to do so...here I am with my first blog post.  First came quilting, then  discovering the amazing quilting blog community who have unknowingly been holding my hand through my apprenticeship.  Like most things in New England we can credit or blame it on the weather!  It all started on a mild winter day, with no snow to play in I found myself wandering around our mega LQS mumbling to myself "I think I can, I think I can."  Enter:  super helpful (and patient!) employees, a supportive husband and next thing you know: the beginning of an addiction. 

The first post just wouldn't be complete without the first quilt!

My first completed quilt!
My lovely daughter-in-law's brother and his wife welcomed a beautiful daughter into their family this year.  Lucky girl being born into not only a wonderful but incredibly talented family!  Not daunted by the high standards of creativity in that family, I decided to make this baby size quilt for the new Grammie when her granddaughter came to visit.
By all reports the quilt has been a great success and has enjoyed much tummy time with the new grand baby!  This quilt was the perfect size to practice FMQ.  I did a little stitch-in-the-ditch, outline stitching, flowers and stippling.   I know, crazy for the first time behind the wheel!

Pattern: Fiona from 3 Times the Charm (Me & My Sister Designs)
Fabric:  Mostly Ruby by Bonnie & Camille

What is my favorite part of quilting?  Picking the fabric, cutting those precise little pieces, sewing the little pieces together until something magical appears, quilting, binding...yikes!  I can't decide!  Stay tuned as I work through this dilemma (I know, edge of the seat stuff)!

P.S.  Today I am thankful for periodic mild New England winters. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is one incredible first quilt Kathy!!! Sure love that Bonnie and Camille fabric! I have some I'm getting antsy to cut into.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...