Friday, February 19, 2016

Multi-Tasking in the Quilting Cave

I said this would never happen but here I am, with multiple active concurrent projects.  I'm having great fun working block by block quilting the 2012 Craftsy BOM.


Moving to New Hampshire, I've joined a couple of local quilt guilds (in addition to the New Hampshire Modern Quilt Guild!).  The local guilds both support David's House, a place for families to stay while children are receiving treatment.  All quilts are loved and appreciated but a special request has been made for boy quilts.  I have cut fabric from my stash for the first of two Minecraft quilts.

Meanwhile, the next room in the house to get some attention is the sunporch where pillows are needed to soften things up.  Two bolster pillows and two soft, overstuffed pillows will make the window seat a little more inviting.

With all these projects going on, I had to take a break and color organize my fat quarters.  This is my collection of fat quarters that are "independent."  Right now, I am keeping FQ bundles of a given collection together on a bookshelf.

And then there is the Splendid Sampler.  Can you believe over 20,000 people have signed up for this? Yikes!  It's OK with me as my delinquency will never be noticed.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. I'm also a NH quilter, but haven't made it to the NHMQG meetings yet. I just wanted to say that my son spent 8 weeks at the ICU and I lived at David's house during that time. We have the quilt that was given to us at the time of our stay. I treasure it still. So happy to see the quilt giving tradition continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I was so touched to read your comment. I have seen so many times how precious a quilt can be to a child, to a family. These local guilds provide hundreds of quilts each year to David's House. I look forward to contributing to their efforts.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I used to say the same thing about not having multiple projects going. And then some where along the lines, projects mushroomed! It looks like you've got some fun projects going. Happy stitching to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilting. Yay for joining NHMQG I can't wait to actually meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find whenever I say I don't 'x', that's precisely what I'll be doing soon ;-)
    (I never used to prewash, and now - about 40% of the time, guess what? I prewash. Stitch in the ditch? What a waste of time. Guess who is becoming a fan of stabilizing by ditch stitching. grrr ;-)
    Looks like you've got some fabulous projects going on!!
    I thought about joining the splendid sampler, too, but then my quilting plate filled up really quickly with a couple of commission projects (not complaining about that!!) so I decided against it. Someday, though, I'd like to be involved in a quilt a long....
    Happy sewing all the things
    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you find the white fabric bookcases??? I think i am needing some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! I hope you drop by to see this response as you are a no-reply blogger I could not send you an email. All the furniture in the room is from Ikea. The shelves I am storing the FQ's on are sold by Ikea as CD racks. The width is perfect and the adjustable shelves provide flexibility for various stacks. I think these are from the Billy collection. Go on-line to Ikea. Just ordered a piece for a cutting table and it shipped to my home. Have fun!

      Delete
  6. Your quilting is beautiful! While I usually just like one project at a time, there can always be exceptions. I love making boy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting looks fabulous... I adore that little heart!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...