Friday, January 8, 2016

Pillows Post

In addition to the finishes I shared in my last post, I also finished a few fun pillows at the end of the year.  Do you remember the very adorable Tucker and his pillow that I made in connection with Lorna's Dog Gone Cute blog hop?  Well, I had to play with this pattern more for the other two special pups in the family. This is Winnie and Holly.
Of course I couldn't overlook the cats, that would be rude and they would never forgive us!  Meet Meg and Jack.

Their colors were chosen to match the quilt that was gifted to their humans last year.  I look forward to making more of Elizabeth Hartman's Kittens.

Last fall I decided a small project would be a good way to reintroduce me to my sewing machine. These two pillows allowed me to play with some of my favorite scraps in the green and blue scrap bins.

The tufted cushion is Vivika Hansen Denegre's pattern from the Spring 2013 Modern Patchwork magazine.  I love the shape of this pillow.



The quilting can be seen better from the inside (of the cake).

For the rectangular scrappy pillow I used Malka Dubrawsky's pattern in the Winter 2014 issue of Modern Patchwork.

New techniques from this little project include a new way to install a hidden zipper and binding on a pillow.

These two are going to the designer who did an amazing job squeezing everything on our wish list into the renovated house.  It also happens she is a big fan of limey green.  Very brave of me to give something handmade to a professional designer don't you think?

Now, off to baste two or three quilt tops!

Linking up with Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday.

PS  As an extra bonus here are some pictures from our trip to Maine yesterday.  First my mother-in-law's spectacular amaryllis plant.

The gorgeous sunset as we drove the backroads of Maine and New Hampshire.

And finally, quilt blocks decorating the porch at the charming Cornish Inn (highly recommend by the way for the cozy Lincoln pub).

10 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I had to pin your doggy pillows they are adorable. Would make a great gift for my niece the vet.
    Have a happy day!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You have been busy. I like the cats with the dogs, and love the round pillow. Beautiful photos from your trip, too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cats and dogs pillows are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all your work and hearing about your adventures!

    Jean C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pillows are so adorable, I love the cats and dogs, great fabric choices. Love your quilting on the round pillow, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillows turned out fantastic!
    How tricky or easy was it to sew in a circle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that round pillow!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what great pillows! Your dogs and cats ones are so cute! I love your fresh fabrics in the other pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your pillows! I keep telling myself I want to make pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALL those pillows are great, I especially love the cat with glasses and the fussy cut of NH, nice touches. I am sure everyone will enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...