Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hello 2016!

And hello quilting friends!  Life has been very busy (all good!) since my last blog post.  Our days have been full with travel, guests, holidays and getting to know our new town.  We crossed off three more states in our quest to visit them all:  Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Thirty-three states done!  To review, our criteria for crossing off a state:
  • Visit together 
  • Stay over night (drive through's don't count)
  • Do something (granted a subjective criteria but this has not been a problem with the exception of Delaware where we decided surviving an awful hotel dinner buffet counted).
I also traveled to Illinois to attend my niece's graduation from Navy basic training, the most patriotic event I have ever experienced.
2015 was another big year for us: emptying out our New Hampshire house for the renovation, preparing the Massachusetts house for sale, all the reno decisions, emptying out and packing up the sold house, moving back into the "new" New Hampshire home and beginning the adjustment to living full time in this beautiful northern region provided for very little sewing time.  I did manage to squeeze in a few finishes!
The exciting news is that I am going into 2016 with only one quilt top that needs quilting.  And, ironically, it dates back to 2012 when I started quilting.  This is from the 2012 Craftsy Block of the Month.
I'm looking forward to spending more time in my lovely new sewing room in 2016!  I have a long list of quilts, window treatments, pillows and other fun projects that I am prioritizing with the help of my new planner.
And I'm off to a great start!  The quilt tops for the bunk beds are completed!
Looking forward to a productive sewing year!

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. I got that planner too...stop by and see the the cover I made! Glad to hear you are doing well and checking states off your travel list. V:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this planner on Instagram, very intriguing!
    Happy New Year - here's to a productive year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the planner sounds like a good idea! love your green bunk beds quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you back in my blogging queue! I've missed your posts. Your sampler quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shew, your 2015 sounded busy! Glad you are getting settled in, love the bunk bed quilt, those colors are superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice way to enter the new year! Fresh, settled and ready! Here's to many happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm in awe. Only one quilt top that needs quilting!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2016! I have more than one quilt top that needs quilting. Shh!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...