Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Building Courage to Start the T-Shirt Quilt

My Men each have an impressive collection of t-shirts.  I finally convinced one of my sons to sacrifice a few so I could make a quilt!  But now that I am staring at a pile of carefully selected special shirts, I am NERVOUS.
I know my first step involves ironing a piece of interfacing to the back of this BUT all I can envision is Super Mario melting onto my iron.  So, I pause.  More research required!

Happy Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Iron from the back with a pressing cloth...you'll do great!! Now, breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I have made several t-shirt quilts and I used these pressing sheets. http://www.amazon.com/Applique-pressing-transparent-reusable-non-stick/dp/B002Y1D8DE
    Your transfer can still get hot enough to melt but it doesn't stick to your iron and if you let it cool a couple seconds it won't disturb the transfer. I use 2 of them at once, on on the ironing board to protect it and one on top of the transfer. You can also put the t-shirt fact down on the board or have it right side up, I have done it both ways. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend of a friend call me out of the blue last summer and asked if I would be interested in making a T shirt quilt for her son. I took a deep breath and said no passing along a name of someone I knew who had made one displayed in our school office. I felt a little guilty saying no but I'm so glad I did because I would not like my 1st attempt at one to be on someone else's shirts!

    I'm looking forward to seeing how you go about it.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...