Saturday, February 12, 2022

Finished - Up North Quilt

 I just finished this fun quilt for my nephew and his wife who were married in front of their restored classic Air Stream trailer (that now sports a lime green door).



The pattern is the Up North Quilt by Pen and Paper Quilts.  I added a flamingo to the quilt to match the newlyweds decor at the wedding.  The bird is a foundation paper pieced pattern by PatternBrat.

Keeping with my goal of using long hoarded fabrics, the trees are from a fat quarter bundle of Succulents fabric by Heather Givans purchased at QuiltCon maybe 7 years ago.  

I used minky for the backing that yielded not only a lovely, heavy, cozy quilt but also showed off the wandering leaves I free motion quilted.  

This was intended as a one year anniversary gift and I was only 6 months late!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy...looks like you and I are still clunking along in contrast to how much we blogged many years ago. I LOVE this quilt but also appreciate your 6 months late!!! LOL! As I was a month late with m y grandson' quilt this year! What grandmother does that!! LOL!! Luckily he's only four so doesn't really notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I love how you personalized it for the newlyweds. It looks a little incongruous with such trees and a pink flamingo, but it's perfect. I am sure the couple is loving their gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo for you and your stash-busting discipline! I'm sure the newlyweds appreciate this bit of beauty you've made for them!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...