Monday, May 4, 2020

Finished - Two Quilts for My Sisters in Law!

A while back my very talented mother-in-law shared with me a bundle of fabric from her many years of sewing.  I decided to turn this fabric into quilts for her daughters. The first is Skipping Pinwheels Quilt by My Fabric Relish .
  
The second quilt is a log cabin quilt with probably my favorite block placement!


Hand sewn binding and my favorite backing.  Both are quilted in a meandering stipple that is simple and adds much to the texture.

I was so happy to put this fabric to work and my SIL's were both quite pleased!

Stay safe and keep smiling!
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Oh both such lovely finishes! I like the log cabin setting, too ;)))
    the colors in Skipping Pinwheels are just luscious together...nice works
    ~ ~ ~ waving in the morning sunshine Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a log cabin layout like this. It is very interesting, could you tell me more, is this your design or where do I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an audible "Wow!" at my house when I saw that log cabin quilt. You're right: That block placement is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That log cabin is cool! I love how they both came out.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...