I also used Elizabeth's suggestion for cutting out the batting 2" wider than the quilt top, rolling up the batting and quilt top together and then cutting the backing 2" wider than the batting.
I decided to quilt this one with diagonal lines. To increase the odds of straight lines, I marked the quilt with a hera marker as suggested by Nicole at Mama Love Quilts.
Next, I was complaining to my husband about how the big quilts still catch on the edge of the extension table. Surprised he was still listening to my quilting chatter, I was thrilled when he suggested we extend the extension table!
The quilting continues! Have a great day! Linking up with: