Sunday, December 6, 2020

Finished - Two Low Volume Bright Hope Quilts

 Catching up here on quilts finished this year.  I started collecting low volume fabrics a few years ago needing a break from all the bright fabrics and the calm was welcome.  Turns out I had A LOT of low volume fabric as I finished this queen size quilt and still had plenty to make at least two more quilts.  Earlier this year when I was looking for meditative quarantine sewing, I started making these partial seam blocks using Red Pepper Quilts Bright Hope block tutorial.  

I ended up with over 250 5 inch blocks, plenty for two good sized lap quilts.  





Finished with my favorite backing fabric, all over stipple quilting and hand sewn binding.  These washed up beautifully soft and crinkly.

Gifted to two important women in our family and a gift of quilt making therapy for me.

Keep smiling,

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Loving the low volume a lot!!! So easy on the eyes...
    nice works, hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the low volume a lot!!! So easy on the eyes...
    nice works, hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Low volume is my fave xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The women receiving these will feel so cared about. I love the calm, peaceful feeling these quilts create.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...