Thursday, December 31, 2020

Finished - Christmas Quilt for Karen

 I've made A LOT of quilts in my nine years of quilt making.  Incredibly, this is the first one I've made for my one and only and very special sister! 



I've made this pattern one time before in muted tones and I love the adaptation for Christmas with the addition of a few trees and bright holiday fabrics. The pattern is Suburbs Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew, a pattern I highly recommend for how well it works with a wide variety of fabrics and efficient use of fabric layer cakes (10"squares).
I might have gotten a bit carried away with the quilting but it had been months since I finished a quilt and, well, all those swirls were therapeutic!

My sister is a medical professional and she has had quite the year.  I thought a happy quilt might be in order and based on her exuberant response she loves it!  Linking this one up with Michelle at From Bolt to Beauty's weekly finished project event!

Merry Christmas Karen!  I love you!

3 comments:

  1. The house theme has been really strong this year. I am doingsome barn quilt type houses for my pandemic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love how this came out!! Your sister must be so pleased;)))
    those house doorways are all so cute...
    I hope this finds you and yours safe and healthy..
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! So cute! I think it's wonderful that you took the time, especially doing all that quilting (!), to make a quilt for your sister. You must have a good relationship with her. That's enviable, and wonderful for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...