Friday, July 28, 2017

Finished - Chic Country Wedding Shower Quilt

I have a list of quilts that I want to make.  Don't we all?  The Chic Country quilt by Sew Kind of Wonderful has been near the top for some time.  I've been waiting for a special reason to make this quilt. Then my son got engaged to lovely Amanda and a wedding shower quilt was just the perfect excuse!


 I enlarged the quilt adding one row to the length and width.  Perfect size for cuddling!
The quick curve ruler is easy (and fun!) to work with.  The primary fabric is Maven by Basic Grey.  

To personalize the quilt I added some special fabrics that would be unique to this couple.  Here's  some delightful Winnie the Pooh fabric for these two Disney fans.



A dog print that sort of looks like one of their dogs.

They both share a love of Star Wars.

And of course my family's Peanuts affection can't be overlooked.

And homage to their six chickens.

The quilt backing is my favorite Carrie Bloomston's News Print fabric.

I wanted the quilt to be very soft so I just stitched in the ditch to emphasize the circular movement.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt.  More importantly the future Mr. &Mrs. love it!

I was SO close to keeping this quilt as the colors would works so well in my home!!

But I love these two so they get to keep the quilt and I will enjoy visiting it!

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you were able to include fabrics with motifs that are so personally appropriate to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift, sure to be cherished and loved for many, many years. Great choice in fabrics and love the touch or red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love the pops of red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful. What an awesome quilt creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy1 I love this quilt! Totally gorgeus! One of my favourite pattern and I have started a small quilt but it's wip for a long time. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous quilt ! I love the palette with the touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the fabrics you added to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Kathy! I'm glad to hear your report of the QCR - I have it, but haven't used it (as intended, anyways ;-) It seems rather confusing.... I guess it's one of those things you just have to get started on... Congrats on the (soon to be) new daughter in law!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! The fabrics would work in any home. I'm sure the bride and groom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is beautiful....and packed with personality!! I'm sure it will be cherished by the young couple for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kathy this is just perfect! I love everything about it from the adorable Winnie the Pooh fabric to the many meaningful others and then that backing--! Where did you get that? I love the circular motion and will be going to check this pattern out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...