Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lots Going On But Not Much Sewing

There are some renovations needed to our lake house to make it work as our primary home.  We were told two weeks ago that construction was ready to begin in February and we needed to essentially empty the house.  OK.  We can do this.
 We took a break from the packing for a very important football game.  We all love those Patriots!

In the mean time, perhaps you've heard about the amount of snow we've been hit with here in the Northeast.  This is what happens when I start shoveling from the top of the stairs and my husband starts shoveling from the bottom.  A nice curvy effect.

Between shoveling, a two week old cold that will not go away and packing I have managed to start another quilt project.  One of my first fabric purchases was a layer cake of Birch Bark Lodge by Holly Taylor.   I sometimes struggle finding uses for pre-cuts so I am thrilled to have a plan for this bundle.
In two weeks we will be leaving for Texas.  I better start thinking about QuiltCon!  So excited!

I hope your week is going well!
Kathy


8 comments:

  1. I started some scrappy mountains, too. That's such a fun project! I wish I could go to QuiltCon. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon, and good luck with your reno! AND QUILTCON!!! Have a ton of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been super busy. And please send some of that white stuff my way. We have hardly had any snow in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought you were working on a Hazel the Hedgehog quilt..... But now I see it is a sweet mountaintop! Have a great time in Texas, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Scrappy Mts--I have a start on one too--but it's low on my list until I get started on my granddaughter's "big girl bed" quilt...Hope your renovations go well. Yay Pats!! ;-)))
    .hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my THAT is alot of snow!! Glad you are getting in a little sewing inbetween moving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are saying more in on the way! I don't know where we are going to put it all, the snowbanks are already too high. Texas sounds so nice and warm right about now. I can't wait to see what everyone posts from QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plan for the pre-cut bundle looks like it's going to fit right into the new renovations just perfectly! We'll all be watching for QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...