Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sewing Interruption

I had hoped to have a finished quilt top to share with you however my sewing machine had other plans.  Over the weekend I cut the  fabric and made all the blocks for a preppy disappearing nine-patch quilt.
 And this is the only row I was able to complete before the tension in my sewing machine went nuts...for no apparent reason.  Not an amusing April Fool's prank.
My aggravation is heightened by the fact this machine is only a few weeks home from its annual cleaning.  GRRRRRR

This change of plans has forced me to deal with a long list of things around the house that I have been ignoring in favor of my sewing cave.  I will survive a few days without a sewing machine and my house will be benefit.  It's all good.

Happy Wednesday and linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social and Lee's WIP Wednesday!
Kathy

11 comments:

  1. How infuriating. I hope you get your machine fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your sewing machine. I like the colors of your quilt. Very springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet pile of WIP, Kathy! Sorry to hear your machine has decided it's Spring Cleaning time around the house. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So annoying! I hate when my machine is not at home - it unsettles me!!! Hope you two are reunited soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where I get my machine serviced, they have a 30 day guarantee. I hope you have something Ike that, too. :) Such cute fabrics for a D9P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of the ill health of your machine. Your blocks and one row look wonderful. Have fun cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel your pain! That happened to me the day after Christmas - when I still had two gifts to finish up for a belated celebration! I hope your machine gets fixed quick and you're back to sewing soon, Kathy : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, what a pain. Mine has just come back from a repair, my house benefitted while it was away too! Hope yours is back soon, that quilt looks like it's going to be lovely and fresh and Springy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrr! I was just having tension issues, and when I took in my machine the dealer told me my machine was totally fine (though they changed a few parts, likely just to amuse me), and instead he said the thread on my machine was "very thin and weak." It was Aurifil. Womp wommmmmp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sewing machine issues are so annoying. I love the girly colours and feel of your wip... hopefully you will be delving back into it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How annoying, I hope you get your machine sorted soon, but it is really nice to hear I'm not alone in ignoring things for my sewing.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...