Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Couple of Little Finishes

I just can't make myself throw away fabric.   You might remember this quilt that I made for my son:
There's been a little pile of leftover backing fabric in the corner of my sewing room for a few months.  Today it became this:

Not the most sophisticated solution but one that made him very happy.  A soft squishy pillow to go with his soft squishy quilt.
It even has a zipper so the cover can be removed and washed.  Easy peasy.  One less pile of scraps staring at me.

My mother-in-law is one amazing lady.  I am not saying that just because I KNOW she will be reading this, but it is true!  For a young lady in her late 80's she is incredibly active, very crafty and, as my kids say, "wicked awesome."  Jean has been an active emailer, internet surfer, blog reader and game player with her computer for several years now.  She has a new Kindle Fire for book reading and faster, clearer internet access.  Therefore, she must have a cover for her new toy!
 I made a cover for my husband's Kindle Fire with his travel requirements in mind that I blogged about here.

I thought a more feminine version would be appropriate.
I was inspired by this tutorial at Sometimes Crafter.
Digging into my scrap bins for 2.5" squares was fun!

I hope she likes this little purse for her Kindle!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Linking up with my two regular linky parties:  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Fabrics.

Kathy






10 comments:

  1. I love your scrappy Kindle pouch. What a great use of 2.5 inch squares. I am visiting from LBS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic gift for a fantastic MIL! Those scrappy pieces are wonderful. That pillow looks like a great idea. You've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very happy finishes! Your mother in law sounds like one amazing lady, a wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat projects! I think we need one of those soft cushions as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty...love the scrappiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That minky pillow does look inviting! And the kindle case? Love the scrappy springy feel it has. Your wicked awesome MIL is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that minkee pillow looks so comfy! and the pouch for your MIL is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the perfect case for your mother in law!!! It's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son has been asking for a fuzzy pillow case. His pillow pet is getting old. He would LOVE one like yours. And your case is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...