Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If Mama Said Sew...I Would Not Hesitate

I've been playing with a lovely pile of Sweetwater's Mama Said Sew.  I just love the patterns and colors in this collection.

But then again, I love just about every piece of fabric that comes home with me.  Therefore, when I finish a project I can't throw out any of the remaining scraps.  I keep a plastic bag with each project that I tuck  scraps in as I go.  After I finish the quilt top, I go to the scrap bag for piecing the back together or the binding.  Inevitably, there are still scraps remaining and they go into the scrap boxes.

I am a little surprised that the blue/purple box was the first to overflow.  I think I have filed aqua/teal scraps in this box which would certainly explain the lid explosion!  Lately I have seen some quite lovely scrappy quilts using very small and odd shaped pieces.
I have a project to share with you soon that included paper piecing which, for me anyway, uses a lot of fabric and leaves behind odd shaped scraps.   I had great fun sewing those cute little weird pieces together into these two 8.5" blocks.   Blue/purple scrap projects must be next!

Voting continues at the Bloggers Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side!   Linking up with my usual Wednesday party:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I love those blocks, especially the green and teal

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...