Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back to (Sewing) Business

The sounds gurgling out of my sewing machine(after its annual tune up) have improved a bit after much fidgeting with the bobbin case.  The stitches look fine so I carry on!

Back to the Scrappy Trip quilt...finished the final 10 blocks to make 30.  That should do the job!



I centered a low volume row in each block.  We'll see how that works!

Yesterday I gathered the nerve to cut into a large, lovely pile of fabric that I have been collecting for a queen size quilt for our master bedroom.  A big and important project!  I think it is a good sign when the pile of selvages are so pretty!

Phew!  Time to sew all this together!

And finally, my husband brought these back from a visit with his mother:
Just a few cute little dish washing clothes that she whipped up!

Wishing you a good week and linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday...the source of much inspiration!  I highly recommend a visit!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

PS  Thanks everyone for all the nice comments on my Sewing Room Progress post!  I will keep you posted as I keep working on it!

2 comments:

  1. How did you get your STA squares so straight? I'm making one at the moment, and I don't know if it's because my strips are 1.5" wide or I'm sewing too fast, but everything comes out slightly crooked...

    The color palette is lovely though. As is the fabric for your queen size quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors for you queen size quilt. It's going to be beautiful. I am also impressed with your Scrappy Trip blocks. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...