Friday, February 8, 2013

A Couple of Finishes

One of my short term goals is to eliminate the queue of quilts waiting to be quilted.  One done...six more to go!




This is the second quilt top I finished.  After the first quilt with almost 1,000 pieces, I decided to go with something a little easier!  The pattern is Yellow Brick Road and the fabric is mostly Kate Spain Terrain.  As I have discovered, quilting adds so much that I always end up liking the project more when quilted...this is a good example.  It sat on the quilting rack for months, not my favorite, but the quilting (even far from perfect!) makes me feel much better about it!

I also thought I would catch up sharing with you a finished quilt from my First Year.


Sorry, these are not great pictures...I am working on that.  But this quilt I just love!  It is an I Spy quilt following the tutorial from Kelsey Sews.  I had so much fun finding fabric for this project.  It was a gift for a special family to enjoy in their new second home on Cape Cod!

Linking up with Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday!

PS  I hope everyone here in the Boston area fares this blizzard well.   I am all set with food, fireplace, wine and fabric!

5 comments:

  1. I usually like a quilt better after the quilting is done too. I love your yellow brick road quilt, the pattern is on my list of quilts to make this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your I Spy quilt, I love pinwheels and those different primary borders you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Particularly love your model for the Yellow Brick Road! Great work, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I would love the first one even if I weren't a big fan of Kate Spain...and love love love pinwheels! Super finishes!!!!!...and I am captivated by your "header" photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasey looks regal as your quilt model!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...