Thursday, April 27, 2017

Baseball Shield for Baby

To say that we are a baseball loving family might be an understatement.  I was raised in the dugout at the little league field helping to score my brothers' baseball games while my Dad coached.  Some of my fondest childhood memories involve taking the train into Boston to see the Red Sox with my father.  Fever Pitch is my definition of the perfect movie. Well, you get the idea.

My son plays on a vintage base ball team, rules circa 1864.  The games are played on a field with corn stalks in the back (yes, they do have to go into the corn to field balls) and people bring blankets and picnic baskets to enjoy an afternoon of this gentleman's game (and there are women who play also!).  Watching these games is idyllic for any baseball fan.

You might recall I made my son a special uniform shield for his last big birthday.
Well, the creative mind in my household (my husband!) observed that our new grandson needed to have a shield to watch his father's games!

This bib was so much fun to make, I'm sure there will be more in the future!  Here is the tutorial I used.

My Tula Pink City Sampler has moved to the quilting stage.  This is an epic quilt and therefore warrants an epic quilting effort.  Even though I am using my Sweet Sixteen to FMQ it, given the size and weight of this beauty, quilting still equates to a workout.  And good news, my FitBit gives me steps while quilting!!  Win win!!

I finished my second knitting project.  The pattern is from the Craftsy class Knit Lab.  Nothing fancy but the right project for building knitting muscle memory.
My third project is a scarf with all kinds of increases and decreases.  Another long term project I suspect!

Off to "exercise" with my Tula Pink quilt!
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. I am a big Red Sox fan;right now I'm using my tv time during games to hand quilt my Dresden blocks. Makes me slow down as I have to look up to see the pitches thrown...and make my own decision as to whether it was a strike or not!! LOL
    Since my cataracts surgeries, I think I can see that trajectory much better...LOL
    That is one huge project to quilt--Your Tula is lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish baby! And I loved the peek at your sampler quilt. It is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty clever! My mom was a big Red Sox fan, back in the day. I have many fond memories of taking the train into Boston. Loving your Tula Pink quilt! Can't wait to pop by by to see it upon completion! Quilting it is a big job, but will be so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...