Friday, March 17, 2017

Finished - Shimmer Quilt!

In my slow progress to add quilts to my home decor, I finished a quilt for the family room!  The quilt is intended to accompany a bunch of pillows I made last year.
The fabrics are from a collection of dark blues, aqua, turquoise, mustard yellow fat quarters that I have been collecting. The room is wall to wall greige so some pops of color are needed.
After piecing the quilt top I was so fortunate to attend a class at QuiltCon with Angela Walters experimenting with different patterns. Coming home, I stared at this quilt top considering my normal course of an all-over quilting pattern and decided to take a different approach to FMQ'ing this one.

Circular feathers in the middle, diamond outlines, pebbles, orange peels and loops combined to make quilting this top so much fun.  A little slower than an all-over pattern but a lot more fun!

I quilted the colored sections in a soft minty green Aurifil  2845 and the pebbles in the white space with my go-to Aurifil 2021.

I love, love this backing fabric.  I had originally purchased it as the backing for my Tula Pink City Sampler quilt but found that it wasn't really the white background I wanted.  For the family room this greige color background will be perfect!!

The backing fabric is Story News Print by Carrie Bloomston.

The pattern is Shimmer by Cluck Cluck Sew and I loved making it!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, love the colors and it will look great with all your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is a stunning addition to your pillows. Great colors and the quilting looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt! The quilting is awesome too! Wish I could quilt like that! It goes so well with the pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur circles are perfect!!! LOL!! Ugh...don't ya love that feeling of inspiration! Your FMQ is great and your finish the perfect accent for your home. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it so lovely! Your work is perfection, all the details so nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love how you quilted it. It will look amazing with your pillows. Cute pillows are still on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog post on my selvage quilts. Yes, I sewed them to a muslin foundation --- it went really fast! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmigosh, I could stare at this quilt for HOURS - it is go gorgeous! Wonderful work, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Kathy! I love it!! Excellent job on the quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning quilt, great fabrics and great quilting! The pillows are wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well look at that wonderful quilting! It's just great to see how inspired you were after your workshop with Angela. Good for you! I love what you quilted on this quilt. And that Story News Print backing is perfect. It's been used in a couple of my own quilts, and was the backing for our Central Florida MQG Charity Quilt. Your quilt will be a beautiful addition to your family room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely quilt, and your colours are beautiful together! And amazing quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks beautiful! Those colors go great with your pillows and greagie

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...