Friday, December 9, 2016

A Little Sewing Therapy

I'm thrilled to report that I am recovering quite nicely from that silly hip surgery.  Thanks for all your healing messages and thoughts!

I've even managed to squeeze in some therapeutic sewing time.  Of course, it is the time of year of secret sewing projects, but there are a couple of ones I can share with you.  First is a little table runner that I started in a class with my local quilt guild.  Cute wonky Christmas trees.

This has been shipped off to Chicago to be part of my son's holiday decor.

I also snuck a little tree ornament into the Chicago package.

I made yet another of Svetlana's two in one pouch.  It's an easy to follow pattern with a very neat finish.  One of these days I will have to make one that I actually keep!

Love all the Cotton and Steel black and white fabric.


 I've fallen a bit behind on the Splendid Sampler project...and I am perfectly fine with that.  I have enjoyed making each interesting block (OK, enjoyed MOST blocks) and its kind of a treat to set aside some time to work on one.

#76 - Little Things

#77 - Prism.  It took longer to pick out the fabric than to sew this one!

#78 - Jersey

#80 - Heartstring Star

#81 - With Love From

Winter has started here by the lake.  If I have to sit around and look outside, well at least the snow is lovely.

Have a great day!
Kathy


2 comments:

  1. So great to hear your on the mend and back at the machine! Nothing some sewing therapy can't help. I must agree winter is much nicer when all the dead stuff is covered in snow. Keep up those pretty blocks they are looking stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about your recovery. The table runner is darling. I love how all the trees face out.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...