An action shot of the quilting in process:
The thread is Sulky 12 wt. cotton. Here is the result:
- Stitched through two layers (background and batting) and not three (no backing)?
- Pulled thread too tight?
- Linen background not cotton?
- Ironing off the marking flattened the stitches?
- The pillow is stuffed too full?
- Color of the thread should have been brighter?
After I finished this and was pondering what I could have done differently, I found this great tutorial from the amazing Susan at Canadian Abroad. I am not discouraged; I will try again with perle cotton and figure this out!
Linking up with crazy mom"s Finish It Friday.
Have a great weekend!