Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cut Up Wednesday

Immediately upon returning from Italy (take a peek at this post for just a few of the lovely pictures from that trip), Mr. KQ and I headed north to the lake for a little vacation.  The weather was predicted to be rainy today, so I took a break from relaxing ( I know, what a life!) and started cutting up fabric for a few projects that I have been noodling on while in my kayak.  The evidence:
First, the trimming of a pile of HST's:
Honestly, I have no idea where I am going with this other than (1) I need to improve my HST accuracy and (2) I wanted to play with Essex Linen in a quilt.  Hopefully, inspiration will strike me soon!  As an aside, the Tucker Trimmer has worked wonderfully for trimming up all these little HST's.

One of my favorite Christmas fabric collections from last year was Christmas Spirit by Holly Taylor.  With a few jelly roll strips remaining from an earlier project, I cut additional strips for a holiday quilt for a friend.

And then for something completely different:

 
All cut up and ready to sew!  I can't wait to play with these two projects!

Maybe tomorrow I will even plug in my sewing machine.   Must take this reentry to sewing slowly. Seriously, I miss chatting with you!  It has been a wonderful summer, but I am looking forward to more sewing, blogging and sharing!  Meanwhile, I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for her WIP Wednesday party!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. A holiday project... I have been giving that idea quite a bit of thought lately too! Great job on all those HST's. They are time consuming, but can be used in sew many wonderful ways! Looking forward to seeing what you make with them, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new projects look so exciting! The linen HST look so soft. Enjoy your time at the lake!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...